Platform Weddings at Argyle Street Arches
Atmospheric is the perfect way to describe our newly unveiled wedding venue. Right in the heart of Glasgow City Centre our exclusive use of Arches 5 & 6 is already proving to be a popular Scottish wedding destination. From the iconic red brick arch ceilings to the beautifully restored sandstone brick walls, Argyle St Arches is perfect for intimate weddings of just 100 guests and equally stunning when hosting larger weddings up to 250 people.
Our team of wedding and event planners are there every step of the way to turn this fabulous blank canvas into the event of your dreams.
With catering onsite, you and your guests can be assured of the highest quality food and service.
Share the love! With our delicious sharing platters on offer, your guests can try a variety of the more adventurous options from our Platform Chefs, who are committed to providing food that bursts with fresh, vibrant flavours inspired by cuisines from every corner of the world.
Platform Weddings – What's included?
Our Platform Package weddings take the hassle out of organising your big day whilst still allowing for your own personal twist on your special day.
- The space itself – Arches 5 & 6 with an exclusive entrance on Midland Street, private toilets and cloakroom facility.
- All staffing – we will provide a friendly and experienced team of serving staff, security and a dedicated Wedding Coordinator who will be on hand throughout the organisational process, as well as on the day of the wedding, to look after you and your guests and ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Furniture – Tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery, bar, glassware, festoon lighting, mirror, eucalyptus garlands, LED candles, spindles (large & small) and barrels.
- AV package – Ambient event lighting, dancefloor lighting and a PA system with microphone are included in the hire.
Venue Hire & Platform Pricing
2019 Midweek & Weekend £3,000
2020 Midweek & Weekend £3,500
2021 Midweek & Weekend £4,000
The hire fee includes the following:
- Exclusive use of Arches 5 & 6 – you will get access from 8am on the morning of your wedding. You will get 2 hours after your wedding to remove decorations and flowers etc. These can be stored within the venue and collected the following day if required, however, unfortunately we will not be able to take any deliveries or store any items prior to the day of your wedding.
- Platform Essentials – wedding coordination in the lead up and on the day, experienced staff, rustic long wooden tables, coloured Tolix chairs, glassware, crockery, napkins, cutlery, bar & AV package & microphone.
- Platform “Perks”- 4 barrels, spindles (large & small), festoon lighting, large antique mirror, eucalyptus garlands, LED candles.
- The minimum spend per head is £40 based on a minimum of 100 guests.
- £40 per head includes Canape Table, Platform Sharing Platters, Dessert, Tea & Coffee and Evening Buffet.
- You can provide your own wedding cake, but all other catering must be provided by and purchased from Platform. You are not permitted to bring in your own cake/dessert tables, cheese boards or evening food.
- All drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic need to be provided by and bought from Platform.
- Drinks packages start at £20 per head for 2 glasses of fizz (post ceremony & speeches) and 2 glasses of wine (during the wedding meal).
Food & Drink
At Platform we like to approach wedding catering in a different way by offering our sharing platters as a quirky and innovative alternative to the traditional 3 course sit down meal.
Our bar provides a wide range of house and premium spirits, wine, beer, fizz & soft drinks. Our wedding team will be more than happy to provide you with a sample drinks list. For an additional charge we can create a bespoke cocktail made with your favourite ingredients in honour of your special day.
Alternatively, you can commemorate the day with a bespoke Innis & Gunn “I Do” Brew created on site and served to your guests on the day, as well as being available to take away as favours for your guests to enjoy at home. Price on application.
Planning an event? Contact our team now
Argyle St Arches offers flexible solutions for events of all sizes - from intimate gatherings to larger weddings and corporate events. Speak to our expert team today.